Monday, April 30, 2012

#!@#!! Cricut

Considering all the money I have invested in my Cricut and cartridges, it's very frustrating when the darned machine (or is it the cartridge?) doesn't work correctly. I wanted to cut this awesome tree and use the shadow feature to cut a slightly larger opening in my card base to set it in. When I tried all I got was a "Not available" message. WRONG! It IS a feature of this cartridge!! I had to settle for cutting the image in a larger size which didn't give me the even opening I was after but will just have to do.

Fortunately, my trusty Cuttlebug and PTI alpha die set worked perfectly for cutting the letters. I have to say that I love my manual die cutting machines and use them way more often than the electronic beast.

Anyway, I made this card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use trees or flowers in  a CAS creation. I like it anyway because I LOVE this silly tree. I think I bought that darned cartridge just for this tree. lol


3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you had trouble with your Cricut! I'm a Silhouette girl myself and adore that machine - I've never had a day's worth of trouble with it!! But I love that you plugged along and made it work for your project. It turned out brilliantly! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a nice tree and makes a great CAS card :)

    ReplyDelete