Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunflowers

Sunflowers have to be one of my favorite flowers. I love seeing big fields of them with their faces turned towards the sun in the morning. It's a beautiful sight to behold in the late summer, early fall. I decided to use the PTI Simple Sunflower stamps for my entry in the PTI Make It Monday challenge. This weeks challenge is to use your brayer with an impression plate. I used the Book Print impression plate and love the way it turned out. I've tried the brayer with embossed papers before and haven't really been pleased with the results. Since the PTI impression plates deboss, you get a much better and more consistent result when using the brayer technique. There is a video for this technique over at the challenge. Go check it out-

PTI Make It Monday Brayer and Impression Plate Technique

2 comments:

  1. Very nice birthday card. I really like the words brayered and the soft look it gave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bright and cheery Birthday card. Love the book print plate and those fabulous sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete