Sunday, September 18, 2011

'tis the Season

I wanted to try the stamping with paint technique for the Make It Monday challenge at PTI. I had tried this before when I was new to stamping and I wasted a lot of paper for nothing. lol My daughter the artist is always raiding my craft supplies. All I could find was silver paint, not a color I work with often. I chose the snowflakes from the PTI Friendship Jar Holiday set and stamped a row across a scrap of cardstock. It worked! I used the paint to color in the candy canes from the same set. Inks and Copics are easier, but it was fun to try something new.

Here's the PTI challenge if you'd like to try this technique.

PTI-Stamping with acrylic paint

I'd also like to enter this in the "Silver" DYSU challenge. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd have 2 entries for a silver challenge. lol

DYSU-Use silver challenge

3 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully! I've never tried stamping with paint... have do that sometime. :) Love that ribbon too! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog Silver Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

    ~Heather
    Kurly-Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Love the image and the snowflakes, That silver ribbon is gorgeous too.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - very elegant. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete